Costs Manager and Costs Lawyer
Yorkshire and Humberside
03458 72 76 78 ext 254
How long have you been working in costs?
I joined in the summer of 2000.
What work do you do?
I am involved in the training of new staff and the allocation and monitoring of work.
Some interesting cases
- Q Fever liability case.
- £825k case following blood transfusion involving a Solicitor with complex loss of earnings and lasting approx. 7 years.
- Multi million pound damages case with complex limitation issues involving a 30-year old woman with Cerebral Palsy.
- £5.65 million pound damages case for a child with Cerebral Palsy. The case lasted 8 years. – £275k Cauda Equina Syndrome case. The case lasted 9 years.
- £291k + £25k every 5 years damages case. One triplet had leg amputated due to blood clot shortly after birth. The case lasted 12 years.
- £5.3 million damages case with a child developing brain injury after contracting Herpes Simplex Virus. The case lasted 13 years.
- £6.6 million damages case. A young child against her GP for brain damage/upper limb weakness following hypoglycaemic attack and then following her admission to Hospital there was a further claim against the said Hospital for contracting chicken pox then an infection which caused spinal abscesses leading to paralysis. The case lasted 13 years.
- £600k damages case reduced for litigation risks. The case involved a fatal diving accident in Scotland involving a promising Doctor with complex liability, causation and quantum issues, including loss of earnings. The case lasted 6 years.
- £1 million damages case involving a London Barrister with complex future loss of earnings claim. The case lasted 4 years.
Additional personal details:
I am married and have two children. In my spare time I enjoy watching movies and TV programmes, reading and going on family holidays. My family also own an allotment and we are starting to learn about growing vegetables and herbs and looking after chickens.
Click here to get in touch with Victoria.