Events update August 2022
In this edition of the events update from our Development and Engagement Team (Adrian, Sue, Emma & Lauren) we take a look at recent AvMA Curry Nights and those that are taking place for the rest of the year. We also take a look at other fund raising events including the Child Brain Injury Trust London Treasure Hunt and see what training we have coming up.
AvMA Curry Nights
The Manchester Curry Night took place on Thursday 14th August 2022 at Eastzeast. A huge thank you to everyone who supported the event which helped raise £1,400.00 and special thanks to our sponsors from Deans Court Chambers and Inneg.
Here are some comments made in feedback following the event at Manchester:
- It was a really enjoyable evening, with fantastic people and for such a worthy cause. I will definitely join another one.
- Hosts were fabulous A great night Thank you!
- Thanks for arranging – great night overall – lovely to see some familiar faces and meet new contacts whilst raising money for charity – look forward to the next.
Future AvMA curry Nights
The Hull Curry Night will take place at Tapasya Marina on Tuesday 6th September 2022. For details please visit our event page for the Hull curry night.
The Leicester Curry Night takes place at Chutney Ivy on Thursday 6th October 2022 – click here for details.
We take curry nights to Brighton for the first time on Thursday 20th October to the Bayleaf – for details please email Lauren Gillvray.
We bring the AvMA Curry Night to Exeter on Thursday 27th October 2022 to the Ganges restaurant – for details please email Emma Woolley.
We return to Norwich for another fantastic curry night on November 3rd November 2022 – for details please email Lauren Gillvray.
CBIT – “What the Dickens” Treasure Hunt
Twelve teams got together in central London for the “What the Dickens” Treasure Hunt to raise funds for the Child Brain Injury Trust. We sent the teams running around several streets to look for clues above, below and found corners with the added fun of taking selfies and fancy dress. The event raised £2,000 for CBIT.
Here is some of the feedback received:
- the feedback so far has been extremely positive and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
- Thank you for organising such a fun event. We all had a ball! I ‘m already looking forward to the next one.
- Great job, we found it enjoyable and I have spoken to others at different firms who felt the same.
- We had great fun Adrian and what a great achievement raining £2,000 Well done!
- Really enjoyed the event and glad to hear about the about the amount raised!
Following evaluation of the event with CBIT we have decided to run the event in 2023 on a similar set up – the fancy dress theme will be confirmed next year. You can register your interest now for taking part and we are also looking for sponsors for next years event – to register and to seek details of sponsorship please contact our Treasure Hunt guru Adrian Hawley – please email Adrian.
Adrian Hawley takes us through the latest in the costs of the Court of Protection on 18th August 2022 hosted by MBL – for details please visit this link
On 22nd August 2002 Dominic Woodhouse takes a look at How to Draft a Precedent T – A Live Guide for Litigators. For details please visit this link.
We are looking for sponsors for our fundraising curry nights. Sponsors receive two complimentary tickets to the event, exposure on social media and mentions during the event. Please contact Adrian Hawley for details – email Adrian.Hawley@pic.legal
Adrian Hawley, Head of Engagement and Strategic Development