03458 72 76 78 ext 348
How long have you been working in costs?
When did you join PIC?
What work do you do?
I have a breadth of experience including all aspects of Personal Injury (inc. Clinical Negligence), Court of Protection, Contentious Probate, Dispute Resolution, Employment, Property Law and Insolvency. I undertake work for both Paying and Receiving Parties and deal with costs claims exceeding £1million. I have acted on matters in both the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. I was also involved in the Costs Budget pilot scheme. I have also acted as an independent costs expert for one of the UK’s largest litigation only law firms in a solicitor-own-client dispute. I handle all levels of cases through all stages of the costs process, providing a cradle to grave service.
Some interesting cases
- Supreme Court Employment Case involving one of the UK’s largest employers.
- Multimillion pound personal injury case with jurisdiction and indemnity issues.
- Worked in the Costs Budgeting pilot scheme.
- Acted as an independent costs expert for one of the UK’s largest litigation only law firms in a solicitor-own-client dispute.
- Involved in SCCO appeal and hearing concerning the application of the test of proportionality in Court of Protection cases.
- Provided bespoke funding advice leading to CFA withdrawal and significant savings for client.
Additional personal details:
- I regularly contribute to PIC’s e-shots and quarterly magazine and have also featured in third party publications including the Cilex Journal. I will also be featuring in an upcoming edition of Litigation Funding.
- I provide CPD accredited costs training externally on civil, Court of Protection and contentious probate matters.
- I am a regular contributor concerning costs law on LinkedIn & Twitter with recent posts attracting over 14,500 unique views.
- I am a keen hiker and wildlife enthusiast, spending most of my time rambling across the UK. I am member of the Natural History Society of Northumbria and the RSPB and volunteer whenever possible with local animal shelters. I am also keen reader and often have my head stuck in a book (both costs and non-costs).
Click here to get in touch with Sean.